Here are some proven ways to live a longer fuller life. Add some new habits and add years and some fun to your life!
1. Two-plus hours of exercise a week and you’re 30 percent less likely to die in the next 20 years than if you don’t exercise at all.
2. Check your body-mass index- anywhere between 18.5-22.9 and you maybe 2 1/2 times more likely to age free of disease.
3. Having a waist circumference less than 35 inches cut your mortality risk by 23 percent- avocados and yogurt may shrink bloat and belly fat.
4. Be sure your cholesterol level is under 160 to decrease risk of stroke and heart disease.
5. Add fiber to your diet for healthy heart function (check out Spa 10’s earlier blog on Chia seeds- an easy way to do this).
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night- hunger-regulating hormones aren’t as likely to be disrupted.
7. Find a way to manage stress and weight to keep blood pressure under 120/80.
8. Adopt a pet if you don’t already have one- animals an reduce loneliness and depression and lower risk of dying of a heart attack by 40 percent.
9. Add antioxidants to your daily regime they help fight free radical that cause cell damage. I personally like Elite Red as it is packed full of amazing ingredients to help you look and feel amazing www.nixonelite.com.
10. Keep your alcoholic drinks to one a day and of course cut cigarettes out of your life completely.
Science shows that on average, you replace about 1 percent of the cells in your body every day. Each cell comes in a little stronger or a little weaker than the one before, depending on how you choose to live your life. You are the only one who has the power to make the changes that will provide you the health and beauty you deserve!
Dr. Henry S. Lodge, M.D. Professor of medicine at Columbia University and coauthor of Younger Next Year (Workman Publishing).