So many of my clients suffer from chapped lips this time of year. The skin on our lips is very thin and there are no oil glands to help protect them. So, it’s up to you to provide them with the nutrients they need to stay soft and supple through the winter months.
2 Reasons our lips suffer in the winter
1. Heat and cold contribute to chapped lips
2. Aging …the older you get the more likely you will suffer from dry chapped lips.
2 Ways to avoid chapped lips:
1. Stay away from licking your lips – this actually leaves them dryer than they were before
2. Always protect them with an SPF – lips exposed to environmental damage can take days to heal
2 Ways to treat dry lips:
1. Try a vitamin B supplement – dry lips can be a sign of a B deficiency
2. Avoid petroleum-based lip balms -people who are regular users of petroleum-based lip balms are on a continual drying cycle—the more they use, the drier their lips become. I recommend trying Jane Iredale’s lip drink, which has a base of macadamia nut oil with an added active sunscreen ingredient of edible zinc oxide for broad-spectrum sun protection.
Lori Crete – Skin Care Therapist, Licensed Esthetician, Spa Owner- devoted to helping women from all over the world look and feel beautiful! If you are in need of a natural & beautiful looking airbrush spray tan, a skin rejuvenating facial treatment or a clean and friendly environment for waxing…give Spa 10 a call! To book an appointment with Lori or her team of Licensed Estheticians please visit www.thespa10.com.
© Skin Care by Lori Inc. 2011
It seems like the perfect time of year to remind you all of some important ways to care for you skin this summer. One of my favorite industry reads is, “Return to Beautiful Skin” by Myra Michelle Eby with Karolyn A. Gazella, so I am sharing some tips from the book that will help you and your skin look and feel beautiful this summer.
1. Too much sun can and will accelerate aging and cause skin cancer
2. Use nontoxic, safe sunless tanning products and healthy alternatives to sunbathing and tanning booths – Spa 10’s sunless airbrush spray tan is a perfect alternative!
3. The best way to protect your skin is with a quality nontoxic sunblock that offers BOTH UVA and UVB protection. Working out – Spa 10 now offers an amazing lightweight, powder sunblock for complete UVA and UVB protection that will not slide into and irritate your eyes.
4. When you use a sunscreen, no matter what the SPF, you have to reapply it frequently.
5. Sunblock is no different than your other body care products- it should contain, healing, therapeutic ingredients that are nontoxic yet effective. Spa 10 now carries a non-chemical physical sunblock SPF 30 – give us a call for more information.
Take care of your skin by protecting it from the sun! Sunblock should be in a part of your daily routine, make sure your moisturizer or Make up has an SPF in it – even if the sun is not out! I notice that 90% of my clients facial sun damage is on the left side of their face- the side exposed to the sun while driving.
Spa 10’s licensed skin care estheticans have plenty of advise and product to offer you on how to care for you skin during the summer months. Come in or give us a call www.thespa10.com.
© 2010 Skin Care by Lori Inc.
Lori Crete – Skin Care Therapist, Licensed Esthetician, Spa Owner- devoted to helping women from all over the world look and feel beautiful! To book an appointment with Lori or her team of Licensed Estheticians please visit www.thespa10.com.