Water! Would you rather look like a prune or a plum? I would much rather have my skin look nice and plump like a plum, which can be hard to achieve during the dry winter months. According to a study conducted in Japan even when skin is exposed to dry climates for a short period, it will lose moisture content. Lack of moisture does contribute to wrinkling of the skin, so I will list a few helpful hints that can make you look years younger by adding hydration to your daily regime.
1. Use a nourishing cream with collagen-boosting nutrients to hold moisture and plump up fine lines and wrinkles.
2. One to one rule- for every glass of coffee or alcohol that you consume be sure to follow it with a glass of water to prevent dehydration from taking place within your body.
3. The skin around the eyes is 5-10 times thinner than the rest of the face and there is almost no oil production in this area. It is important to use an eye cream twice a day (which I have been doing since the age of 16). Nontoxic, nonocclusive is important as you want to allow the skin to breath- proper respiration function is important to keep the blood circulating- avoiding dark circles from forming.
4. Omega 3 fish oils are an easy and super powerful way to avoid dehydration, and they provide our bodies with so many anti-aging benefits.
5. Look for these hydrating ingredients in your serums and moisturizers: aloe vera barbadensis, hyaluronic acid, squalane, jojoba. These are just a few ingredients that will help your skin retain moisture, promote healing and provide you with a healthy youthful glow.
Return to Beautiful Skin by Myra Michelle Eby with Karolyn Gazella.