The answer – our skin is the body’s largest organ, and there are some pretty easy ways to be sure yours is healthy and has a youthful appearance.
Last December while I was working at the 18th Annual Congress on Anti-Aging, I got to meet Dr. Robert Goldman, M.D., Ph,D., D.O., FAASP, physician, co-founder and Chairman of the Board of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and Chairman of the World Anti-Aging Academy of Medicine. Dr. Goldman is full of information on how to slow our aging process and grow old gracefully.
To delay the aging process of your skin please take a few minutes to listen as Dr. Goldman as he shares insightful predictions and tips about keeping your skin looking healthy and youthful.
Excitement is building for the Oscars, the biggest date in the film calender. Living in LA there maybe a chance to mix and mingle at a fabulous party, where you will want to look and feel like a million bucks! Here are a few tips on how the achieve that red carpet look even if you don’t earn a film stars salary.
One of our clients at Spa 10 has a very successful business raiding the closets of CELEBRITES and MAJOR HOLLYWOOD WIVES! She’s got the VERY LATEST, HOTTEST, TRENDIEST SHOES, CLOTHES and HANDBAGS — designers like CHANEL, CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN, DOLCE & GABBANA, GUCCI, MANOLO BLAHNIK, JIMMY CHOO, LOUIS VUITTON – the list is ENDLESS!!!!Everything is 50-90% off Retail and BRAND NEW with TAGS or BARELY USED!!! Gals, this is one KILLER deal you just don’t want to miss http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/la*style!_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ!!
Make up trends change directly with fashion trends, and choosing the right makeup colors as well as adapting the style of the makeup to suit your facial features is a must if you want the updated stylish look of the 2011 Oscar stars. Here are a few tips to help you achieve that look:
Bold lips- This springs hot colors are red, orange and hot pink
Natural Make up- Concealer, small amount of blush for the look of a flawless skin tone
Smokey Eyes for evening- try a dark blue or gray eyeshadow and look for tips on you tube on how to create your own smokey eye look.
At Spa 10 the two most requested treatments we provide to our clients attending this event are:
Oxygen Infusion Facial- Spa 10′s February special of the month for only $99! Revitalizes your skin by deeply infusing medical-grade oxygen, hyaluronic acid, vitamins and nutrients. The oxygen infusion works to kill bacteria, add antioxidants and repair free radical damage. This treatment plumps the skin by adding hyaluronic acid, a whitening agent is added to brighten and lighten the skin and has a Botox like effect on wrinkles! Your skin will be radiant for days. Perfect rebalancing facial for dry/dehydrated skin!
Organic Airbrush Tanning- Whether you are looking for a sun kissed glow or a deep tropical tan we will customize the color to fit your specific needs. Treat yourself to a healthy, safe, and natural airbrush bronze to make you look and feel like a celebrity!
Valentine’s Day is the season of love, romance, and more love. Spa 10 would love to help you prep for this special occasion by giving you some tips on the most requested Valentine’s Day spa treatments that we provide. Whether you are taken or looking for love we want you to look and feel beautiful for this special day of love. BTW single ladies- there are 119 single men—never married, widowed or divorced—in their 20s for every 100 single women of the same age so always be prepared for Mr. Right.
Treatment #1 Brazilian Bikini Waxing
- No caffeine before your wax- it enhances your pain receptors.
- Plan to wax after your period. Your pain threshold is higher in the week after your period than beforehand.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever. About an hour before your appointment, take an Advil, Tylenol or other pain reliever.
- NO Scream Cream will help to reduce sensitivity –some of our clients say about 80%. Advanced planning is required, as the lotion has to be applied 20-30 minutes prior to appointment.
- Plan ahead. Especially if this is your 1st wax or you haven’t been waxed in a while. Your skin will be sensitive for a few days after the appointment. We recommend waxing 2-3 days prior to any special occasion.
Treatment #2 Airbrush Spray Tanning
- Shower, exfoliate, and shave before airbrush tanning
- Waxing should be done at least 24 hours prior to spray tanning
- Wear NO moisturizer, deodorant or jewelry to your appointmentWear loose fitting, dark clothing after your tanning appointment
- Do NOT shower, exercise, moisturize or get wet for recommended hours after your spray tan (no manicures, pedicures or massage until after your 1st post tan shower)
- After 1st shower, remember to Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize this will maintain and extend the life of your amazing airbrush sunless tan
Treatment #3 Chocolate Enzyme Facial
Believe it or not there is a guilt free way to enjoy rich creamy chocolate! A chocolate enzyme facial will leave your skin looking and feeling healthy, refreshed and beautiful for your special night out. This facial is a perfect pampering gift for yourself or a friend who is still looking for that special someone. Check out www.thespa10.com to purchase gift cards directly from our website.
We do get very busy before this special day so call ahead to make your appointments! Gift cards are now available on line and can be emailed directly to you or to that special someone!
Metrosexual- A new name for something quite old. Men with taste & style who know about fashion, art, and culture have always existed. In past centuries, these kinds of men were in the uppercrust of society (more leisure time). Technology has enabled men with more leisure time, so all males can now fuss over their looks and aesthetics almost as much as women. Male spa services are on the rise, and I find most men to be a bit shy about the where, what and when of how they should go about being groomed.
Not only does a lady likes a man who takes care of himself and looks well groomed, but spa treatments are meant to be relaxing, make you feel amazing and provide wellness benefits! It’s ok to make a spa appointment- we welcome your business, we wont judge, and a good Esthetican (a fancy name for your facial and waxing technician) can and will answer all your questions.
Men have approximately 15% oilier skin and significantly larger pores than women do. Basically, this means you get dirtier. It is very important; no matter what skin type you have, to get regular facials, and have a home skin care regime that is beneficial for the health of your skin.
Think about it. What is the first thing people notice about you? It’s your face. Healthy skin is the most important element of a great looking face. At Spa 10 we customize your skin care to be sure you leave looking your best.
Check out Spa 10′s For Men web page and know that we welcome the opportunity to earn your business! If you know a gentleman who would benefit from a spa treatment gift cards are now conveniently available online and can be emailed to you or directly to the person receiving the gift!
I found this article on B12 at Sublingual B12 Report and thought it was an informative read on how beneficial these shots can be.
More and more, vitamin B12 shots are becoming a health fad. Not too long ago, they came recommended by the doctor and then only for serious B12 deficiencies. Now, with the discovery of the multiple benefits of B12 for the body and overall health, people are opting them into their wellness routine. High energy people, politicians, stars and anyone who is constantly in the public eye and has to look energetic all the time has probably tried them.
Why are vitamin B12 shots getting so popular?
B12 is a great energy boosters. It works through the red blood cells, by enabling them to carry oxygen more efficiently. An oxygenated cell is a cell that is at its optimum, full of energy and won’t tire easily. B12 is also great for the skin. These are just some of the benefits – overall, it’s an essential vitamin that the body must have to stay in balance. The only problem is that it is not that easily found in food – very few foods are B12 rich and these are essentially meat and eggs. This leaves especially vegans to look for sources elsewhere, in fortified foods, supplements or vitamin B12 shots. Shots are a preferred option because of their direct and immediate absorption into the bloodstream.
So what are the benefits of B12 shots?
- B12 increases metabolism, the side effect of which can be weight loss. With regular B12 shots and a combination of other weight loss regimens, people have reported to lose weight much faster and they attribute it to the shot.
- B12, as we said earlier is a great energy booster. What better way to deliver an energy booster than directly into the bloodstream? The other option would be to take a supplement, which would take many hours in the digestive process and would lose much value along the way.
- Speaking of value, with a B12 shot, you retain almost all the B12 – none of it gets lost in the digestive process. For comparisons sake, a B12 tablet leaves you with only 1.2% of B12 in the tablet. A shot will lose very little, if any.
- b12 Shots are highly recommended mood boosters as well. B12 is essential for a properly functioning central nervous system – we know that dysfunction can lead to depression. If you suffer from mild depression once in a while, you can try a B12 shot as a mood booster – some people have reported feeling happily giddy afterwards, but not for long. In a few hours, it settles and you are just happy!
- B12 is essential for a properly functioning cardiovascular system. It thins the blood and prevents blood stickiness. Blood cells sticking together is what leads to a blood clot which can cause a stroke.
If you are getting vitamin B12 shots regularly, you’re probably already feeling the tremendous changes it can have on your body. If you’re not yet taking in B12 to boost your diet, or are taking supplements, you should consider the shot. It’s quick, painless and has multiple benefits.
I found this blog by RealSelf very interesting so I decided to share it with my readers.
Expect to see bigger rears, fewer wrinkles, and unfortunate botched jobs in the New Year, according to The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). They’ve made a number of plastic surgery predictions for 2011:
1. Brighter financial times lift faces
ASAPS cites the economy improving as stimulating demand for facelifts and other facial rejuvenation surgery (procedures people put off due to the recession).
2. More fillers, Botox, and Injectables
The growth and popularity of cosmetic injectables (Botox, Dysport, Sculptra, Radiesse, Evolence, Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane etc.) will continue to increase as products continue to evolve and new players enter the market.
3. Massive weight loss leads to more skin tightening
ASAPS says the number of patients seeking plastic surgery procedures for body contouring after dramatic weight loss (abdominoplasty, lower body lift, upper arm lift, etc.) will rise in 2011. Check out Spa 10′s body toning treatments for improvements in skin tightening and toning. http://www.thespa10.com/body_toning.php
4. Changing out the breast implants
As the boomer women age, so do their breast implants, points out ASAPS. Breast implants will get replaced in 2011 and breast lifting will also be a trend.
5. More botched plastic surgery cases
ASAPS routinely reports terrible experiences consumers have with buying injectables overseas or on the web. Additionally, they point to poor training and unqualified injectors causing harm. “Consumers looking for a bargain on cosmetic procedures will unfortunately lead to an increase in horror stories about ‘discount injectables’ bought offshore and cosmetic medicine and cosmetic surgical procedures performed by untrained or poorly trained practitioners,” predicts ASAPS.
6. New ways to zap fat
Consumers will increasingly seek out alternatives to liposuction that are non-invasive techniques for fat removal (freezing, zapping, lasering)
7. Getting that celebrity buttocks
ASAPS sees the influence of celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, and Jennifer Lopez on women who want a shapely rear-end. “In the coming year patients will be seeking posterior body lifts, buttock lifts, surgical and nonsurgical buttock augmentations to shape and augment their buttocks,” explains ASAPS.
Here are some proven ways to live a longer fuller life. Add some new habits and add years and some fun to your life!
1. Two-plus hours of exercise a week and you’re 30 percent less likely to die in the next 20 years than if you don’t exercise at all.
2. Check your body-mass index- anywhere between 18.5-22.9 and you maybe 2 1/2 times more likely to age free of disease.
3. Having a waist circumference less than 35 inches cut your mortality risk by 23 percent- avocados and yogurt may shrink bloat and belly fat.
4. Be sure your cholesterol level is under 160 to decrease risk of stroke and heart disease.
5. Add fiber to your diet for healthy heart function (check out Spa 10′s earlier blog on Chia seeds- an easy way to do this).
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night- hunger-regulating hormones aren’t as likely to be disrupted.
7. Find a way to manage stress and weight to keep blood pressure under 120/80.
8. Adopt a pet if you don’t already have one- animals an reduce loneliness and depression and lower risk of dying of a heart attack by 40 percent.
9. Add antioxidants to your daily regime they help fight free radical that cause cell damage. I personally like Elite Red as it is packed full of amazing ingredients to help you look and feel amazing www.nixonelite.com.
10. Keep your alcoholic drinks to one a day and of course cut cigarettes out of your life completely.
Science shows that on average, you replace about 1 percent of the cells in your body every day. Each cell comes in a little stronger or a little weaker than the one before, depending on how you choose to live your life. You are the only one who has the power to make the changes that will provide you the health and beauty you deserve!
Dr. Henry S. Lodge, M.D. Professor of medicine at Columbia University and coauthor of Younger Next Year (Workman Publishing).
Here are a few tips from E!’s Red Carpet Blog to help you look and feel better after your New Years Eve Party:
The holidays are great for your social life but the late nights and cocktail-party toasts aren’t as friendly to your beauty routine. (Think dry skin, puffy eyes…you name it.)
Read on for some nourishing skin strategies to minimize the morning-after shock:
Drink as much water over the next couple of week as possible. Alcohol and coffee are dehydrating and you’ll want to replenish yourself with plenty of fluids.
As much as you want to sink into to bed once you get home, remove your makeup before going to sleep and apply a soothing moisturizer. Your skin will thank you for it and, beside, waking up to raccoon eyes is never pretty.
If you really can’t manage to clean your face before going to bed, give yourself a gentle exfoliation the following morning to clean out clogged pores, slough off dead cells and give your skin a chance to refresh itself. Soothe swollen eyes with a cold compress or massage the area with a chilled eye cream that you’ve stored in the refrigerator.
Boost your body’s oxygen supply with a light workout or invigorating walk. It’ll get the blood flowing and improve your skin’s circulation.
Finally, give your face a fighting chance by smoothing on a tinted moisturizer to even out any blotchy spots and apply the brightest lipstick you can find to avoid looking washed out.
Thank You E! for these great tips!
My advise is to start the year of with a rejuvenating facial! My two favorite facials for sluggish skin are the Oxygen Infusion Facial and Microdermabrasion. Call us at Spa 10 – we would love to help you start off 2011 looking (and feeling) beautiful!
Water! Would you rather look like a prune or a plum? I would much rather have my skin look nice and plump like a plum, which can be hard to achieve during the dry winter months. According to a study conducted in Japan even when skin is exposed to dry climates for a short period, it will lose moisture content. Lack of moisture does contribute to wrinkling of the skin, so I will list a few helpful hints that can make you look years younger by adding hydration to your daily regime.
1. Use a nourishing cream with collagen-boosting nutrients to hold moisture and plump up fine lines and wrinkles.
2. One to one rule- for every glass of coffee or alcohol that you consume be sure to follow it with a glass of water to prevent dehydration from taking place within your body.
3. The skin around the eyes is 5-10 times thinner than the rest of the face and there is almost no oil production in this area. It is important to use an eye cream twice a day (which I have been doing since the age of 16). Nontoxic, nonocclusive is important as you want to allow the skin to breath- proper respiration function is important to keep the blood circulating- avoiding dark circles from forming.
4. Omega 3 fish oils are an easy and super powerful way to avoid dehydration, and they provide our bodies with so many anti-aging benefits.
5. Look for these hydrating ingredients in your serums and moisturizers: aloe vera barbadensis, hyaluronic acid, squalane, jojoba. These are just a few ingredients that will help your skin retain moisture, promote healing and provide you with a healthy youthful glow.
Return to Beautiful Skin by Myra Michelle Eby with Karolyn Gazella.
While attending the World Congress on Anti-aging in Las Vegas this December I asked health care providers from all over the country what they thought of colonics and the feedback was very positive. These are Doctors who are changing the way they practice medicine, and are now educating patients on how to prevent disease from ever happening within our bodies. Many experts believe that 80 percent of disease and discomfort comes from a toxic colon.
I asked Spa 10’s Colon Hydro Therapist to provide us with some information on the process and benefits of receiving a colonic. Here’s what Kameron had to say:
We are all guilty of overeating and not always making the best decisions with food, especially around the holidays. A toxic colon can effect the body in many ways. Not only can it cause your skin to be dull and have blemishes, but you could also feel sluggish, have low energy levels, be constipated, have poor sleep, lower back pain, experience mood swings, a bloated belly, and also feel a decrease in sexual desire. Cleansing your colon benefits everyone.
Whether you eat extremely clean or frequent the drive through often, we all develop plaque on the walls of the colon. Colonics or also called Colon Hydrotherapy is a natural process that cleanses the colon of this toxic buildup. Colonics is a process where pure water is flushed in and out of the colon several times in a session to break up this plaque. It is relatively comfortable and you can resume all normal activities afterwards. You will not need to make special arrangements to be near a toilet all day. The actual process takes an hour, and you stay completely covered with a gown and with your colon hydro-therapist the entire time.
For the average healthy person looking to do a general cleanse we recommend a few sessions to get through the layers of build up that have accumulated over time. Three colonic sessions performed weekly are recommended. However, colonics is not for everyone. People with ulcerative colitis, colon cancer, recent abdominal surgery, or are pregnant should not do colonics.
After your session you will feel light and empty, you might even drop a few pounds. The uses of beneficial bacteria, otherwise known as probiotics, are vital in the colonic cleansing process, and the quest to have beautiful skin. Probiotics are sold at your local vitamin shop and are relatively inexpensive. Probiotics should be taken daily to replace any good bacteria lost in a colonic, but also to help prevent yeast infections, and keep your immune defenses strong through the cold and flu season. Looking to do more research…then go to http://www.Hydro-Health.com for more information about colonics and watch an informational video too. So as a new year approaches, we all ask, what is it that we want for this next year? Feeling great and having radiant glowing clear skin isn’t out of reach for anyone. What are you waiting for? Don’t put off feeling or looking better another day!
Kameron Gross owner of Hydro-Health Colonics in Encino, has been performing colonics for nine years and is trained to guide you to vibrant and radiant health. Contact Hydro-Health Colonics in Encino, located inside of Spa 10, at 818-935-9400 to schedule an appointment. Hydro-Health Colonics in Encino is your ultimate Colon Hydrotherapy Spa in Los Angeles. www.hydro-health.com